Tuesday, January 31, 2017

LOCALINGUAL: Hear Voices From Around the World

David realized there was a need for more mother-tongue recordings online one day while backpacking on a trip through Europe. As a result, Localingual was created! Not only can you hear how native speakers say their own words/phrases - but you can hear how other people from different countries pronounce/say the same words/phrases too!



As he explained on his site:
Around 3 months into my backpacking trip, I was wondering around in Ukraine while trying to learn a few words. As hard as I tried, I would butcher the simplest of phrases such as "Good day" (Доброго дня). It was difficult to find Ukrainian vocals online, as it is not a widely spoken language, so I practiced by making a few voices recordings of Ukrainians I befriended. 
Soon afterwards, I had the idea to post the recordings I've made online in an appealing fashion, and Localingual was born!  My dream for this site is for it to become the Wikipedia of languages and dialects spoken around the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment